This info is for Premium Forum members and those who want to join. To join or renew, subscribe on this website. Support my work here or let me know your payment method. Thanks.

PriceChannel_Stop

igorad
Site Admin

PriceChannel_Stop

Hi there,

Please check out the updated PriceChannel_Stop indicator with the a set of prices and an improved algorithm of trailing stop with ratchet. So there is the basic entry signal always based on the Price Channel breakout using the ChannelPeriod parameter without changes if Ratchet > 0 and the trailing stop which uses the decreasing channel period when price moves in our favor.
Also I added an adaptivity of the Ratchet value (UseAddaptiveRatchet=true) which is increasing if the current profit is higher of a level based on the average profit for longs and shorts with using the AvgProfitMult parameter.
Plus now you can see the Target level (ShowTargets=true) which uses the mentioned average profit that calculates starting from the start of chart.
And also now there is an ability to get the Re-Entry Signals (ShowReEntries=true).

Regards,
Igor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ape_epa

Re: PriceChannel_Stop

Hi there! I was playing a bit with that indicator and I found a bug, the green and red line are assymetrical and behaves in different way with a specific set.
PriceChannelStop_Bug.png
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
igorad
Site Admin

ape_epa wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:43 pm Hi there! I was playing a bit with that indicator and I found a bug, the green and red line are assymetrical and behaves in different way with a specific set.

PriceChannelStop_Bug.png

Regards
Hi ape_epa,

It's a bit strange because It works fine for me(see screenshot with source code in Premium forum).

Regards,
Igor
ape_epa

Your source version works fine, the other one triggers the bug only when the re-entries are turned off.

Regards